Types Of Car Accident Injuries
Berenson & Associates Consult With An Albuquerque Car Accident Attorney Today
According to data compiled by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), approximately three million people in the United States are injured in car accidents each year. Ranging from minor cuts and scrapes to life-threatening brain injuries, a car accident can cause a person to suffer injury to nearly any part of their body in the event of a collision. If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in Albuquerque, New Mexico, an experienced car accident lawyer from Berenson & Associates, PC can represent your interests and fight to recover fair compensation on your behalf.
Common Injuries From Auto Collisions
A car accident can cause a wide range of injuries depending on the speed and location of impact. While more serious injuries typically result from major collisions, even relatively mild fender benders can cause a person to suffer lifelong debilitation under the right circumstances. Some injuries may not be obvious at first and can have delayed symptoms, potentially worsening over time if left untreated. For this reason, if you have been involved in a car accident of any severity, it is vital you seek a thorough medical evaluation as soon as possible.
The following types of injuries can result from a car accident:
- Brain and head trauma: Closed head injuries such as concussions and traumatic brain injuries (TBI) can occur if a vehicle occupant’s head strikes a hard object in the vehicle, such as a steering wheel, window, windshield, or dashboard. Even if a person does not suffer any physical trauma, the impact of a crash can cause the brain to jostle within the skull, causing bruising and possible brain hemorrhaging.
- Back injuries: The torque that a body can experience upon impact can cause considerable damage to a person’s spinal cord, back muscles and discs. Ranging from temporary discomfort to varying levels of paralysis, back injuries can cause chronic pain and severely limit a person’s quality of life.
- Face injuries: Injuries to the face can be caused by the deployment of airbags, flying projectiles, and shattered glass. Commonly suffered facial injuries include lacerations, dental damage, jaw injuries, and cheekbone fractures.
- Neck injuries: The intense whipping motion from the impact of a car accident can cause damage to the muscles, tendons, and discs in a person’s neck. Common neck injuries include whiplash, neck strains, and cervical radiculopathy.
- Psychological distress: The psychological impact of a car accident can be just as distressing as its physical effects. Serious collisions, particularly those that result in devastating injury or loss of life, can cause accident victims to develop various psychological disorders such as post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
Trust In A Firm With More Than 15 Years Of Legal Experience
If you have been injured in a car accident you believe was not your fault, you may be entitled to recover monetary damages for your suffering by filing a personal injury claim against the responsible parties. At Berenson & Associates, PC, we can provide the results-driven advocacy and compassionate support you need during this difficult time. No matter if your collision was caused by a driver who was texting while driving or driving while intoxicated, our firm is prepared to go the distance on your behalf and fight to recover every penny of your deserved compensation. Protecting your wellbeing is our firm’s top priority, and we are willing to do everything within our power to help ease the burden on your behalf.
Discuss your situation with us in further detail during a complimentary case review.