How a Personal Injury Lawyer Helps
“A lawyer’s performance in the courtroom is responsible for about 25 percent of the outcome; the remaining 75 percent depends on the facts.” – Melvin Belli
If you were seriously injured in an accident, your friends and family may be encouraging you to hire a personal injury lawyer who will help you file a lawsuit against a negligent party.
As medical bills pile up, and you are forced to take off work, it may seem unwise to add a lawyer’s fee to your losses cause by the car crash.
Know this: personal injury attorneys like those at Berenson & Associates, PC all work on a contingency fee, meaning that we do not collect any money from your lawsuit unless you do.
Why a Personal Injury Attorney Helps
Once you have a personal injury attorney, he or she will help in ways you probably did not anticipate. Although we are speaking mostly about auto accidents here, these can apply to most personal injury cases. A personal injury attorney will help you:
- Understand your legal situation.
- Every accident case is unique. An auto accident attorney helps you understand what the extent of your injuries means for compensation, what to do if the other driver is uninsured, and whether or not to accept your insurance company’s offer.
- Obtain evidence to support your case. Personal injury attorneys know what kind of evidence to look for and where to look for it. Auto accident attorneys like Rachel Berenson are certified in accident reconstruction, allowing her to accurately assess your accident scene.
- Negotiate with other parties involved. Your personal injury attorney will help resolve disputes with a claims adjuster, protecting your interests throughout the process.
- Handle communication with other parties. To minimize risk, your personal injury lawyer will field phone calls from the other party and your insurance company. He or she will draft professional letters that reflect the seriousness of your case.
- Represent you in court. You may or may not need to go to court, but if you do, you need to have a knowledgeable attorney who understands personal injury law to represent you.
The sooner you call an attorney, the sooner they can begin to assemble evidence in your case. For knowledgeable, talented personal injury attorneys in New Mexico, contact Berenson & Associates, PC at 505-243-4400 today.