What to do at an Auto Accident Scene
We cannot stress enough how important it is to contact an auto accident attorney as soon as possible after an accident. The longer you wait to call an attorney, the less likely it is that you’ll receive fair compensation for your claim. Below is a list of what you should do before and after an accident to help build a successful case.
Call Berenson & Associates, PC in Albuquerque, New Mexico for a free consultation! (505) 243-4400.
At the Accident Scene:
- If you are able to move, call 911 to report the accident.
- Report your injuries to first responders and get transported to the ER if necessary.
- DO NOT speak to anyone at the accident scene other than first responders or police if necessary.
- NEVER admit fault. Something as innocent as “I didn’t see you” could be construed as admitting fault.
- Take pictures of the scene, taking shots of the roadway and damages from close, medium, and far distances.
- Note the conditions of the roadway, keeping an eye out for poor weather conditions, potholes and loose gravel.
- Record the name of the other driver and ask for his or her insurance information. Record the names of all eyewitnesses to the crash and ask for contact information.
After the Accident
- See your primary physician as soon as possible.
- Document every injury with your doctor.
- Get the best medical care available, and follow your doctor’s recommendations exactly as given.
- Take videos or photographs of your injuries.
- Avoid any gaps in medical treatment.
Contact auto accident attorney Rachel Berenson of Berenson & Associates as soon as possible after your accident. Rachel offers a free consultation to help you determine the most viable course of action moving forward. Contact us today to set up a free consultation.